Committee of Industrial Relations Libraries
The University of Toronto CIRHR Library is a member of the Committee of Industrial Relations Libraries (CIRL), an international network of libraries founded in the 1940s. Member include:
- Canadian Public Service Labour Relations Board Library
- Cornell Catherwood Library at the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations. Includes the Digital Commons repository of electronic documents
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada Library
- Institute for Research on Labor & Employment
- Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations Library University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Produces LaborLit, an online index to labour-related articles and books
- International Labor Organization Library (Geneva).
For the complete list of libraries and links to them, go to the CIRL website.
Other Libraries of Interest to HR/IR Researchers
Access to the library and its documents is extremely limited. Access to the online catalogue is free and is offered as a service to help locate and identify Ontario government publications. The Office of the Legislative Assembly also maintains an online guide to Bills before the House.
Ontario Ministry of Labour Library
The Ontario Ministry of Labour Library was closed in 1996. Click here for a PDF document listing the disposition of major items from the collection.
Location: 505 University Avenue, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2P2
Phone: 416-314-3700 (library, general inquiry)
The Workplace Tribunals Library website incorporates the libraries of the following Ontario government agencies: Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, Ontario Labour Relations Board, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, and the Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal, It is a gateway to online decisions of all these tribunals.